- What is SoundSense Learn?
SoundSense Learn optimizes your hearing experience in a given sound environment. Whenever you encounter sound environments where you would like to optimize the sound, go to SoundSense Learn and follow the simple instructions.
Compare two... Read more
- How do I delete personal programs?
Select “Sound menu”, then press the icon in the top-right corner which takes you to the edit menu. Click on "Delete program", and you will be asked to confirm this action. Read more
- Can I stream sound from my Android phone to directly to my hearing aids?
Not at this time. We recommend using the COM-DEX solution to stream to both ears with an Android phone. Read more
- Why is it that my Android phone does not connect to both of my hearing aids, and the connection does not seem stable?
Your phone probably does not fully comply with the Android Bluetooth LE protocol. Please check the Widex Evoke app compatibility list for phone models supported, or check with your hearing care professional. Read more
- Why does the streaming experience differ when using different music or video streaming apps?
When streaming music or video, the traveling of data can be affected by many factors in the entire wireless network. Often, poor internet connection or streaming high-definition data can cause interruptions to your listening experience. Read more
- How do I turn off notification sounds from other apps (e.g., Gmail, Facebook)?
The hearing aids play all the sounds that the iOS tells them to stream. Refer to your iPhone and/or the individual app settings to disable sounds generated by other apps. Go to Settings > Notifications or Settings > Sounds, to configure you... Read more
- Can I control my default streaming to my car's Bluetooth system?
No. The iPhone (iOS) decides the default routing of the audio streaming automatically and currently does not provide a setting for users to change the default. Read more
- How do I see which version of hearing aid firmware I'm using?
On the app home screen, press the Menu icon in the top left corner and then select “About". The firmware version is listed here. Read more
- Why are you asking to access my camera and photos?
The app would like to access your photos and camera to allow you to personalize programs by adding your own photos. Read more
- Why are you asking to use my location?
The app would like to access your location to allow you to define locations where programs are automatically activated and to enable the Find my hearing aids feature. Read more
- Why can't I use "Find my hearing aids"?
You may not have given permission to the app to access your location. Go to: Settings > scroll down to the Evoke app > Location > select Always Or: You may have disabled Location Services altogether. Go to Settings > Privacy > Loc... Read more
- Can TV PLAY support multiple sets of hearing aids?
Yes. TV PLAY does not have restrictions on how many sets of hearing aids it can stream to. Read more
- Which hearing aid model is compatible with TV PLAY?
Currently, EVOKE 2.4GHz is compatible with TV PLAY. Read more
- How do I control streaming?
You need to use the WIDEX EVOKE App to start/stop streaming and to adjust the streaming volumes. Read more
- How to start and stop streaming from TV PLAY
Once your hearing aids are paired with TV PLAY, the EVOKE App automatically displays a new TV PLAY program. To start streaming, switch to this program. To stop streaming, switch to another program. Read more
- How come I don't see the TV PLAY program in my EVOKE App?
Try pairing your hearing aids with TV PLAY again. Once your hearing aids are paired with TV PLAY, the EVOKE APP automatically displays a new TV PLAY program. Read more
- Why do I sometimes experience interference in the streaming sound?
Radio transmissions can be disturbed by other electromagnetic fields, which may come from, for example, power lines, Wi-Fi, and microwave ovens. Read more
- Why does my TV not play any sound for other people watching the TV?
There can be different reasons. You might have connected the audio to the TV's headphone plug via a mini jack-to-jack cable (which is not included in your TV PLAY package). Some TVs might have a settings menu to control whether the TV speaker pl... Read more
- Do I have to attach TV PLAY to the back of the TV? Can I place it on a bench?
No, you don't have to attach TV PLAY to the back of the TV. You can place it on the TV bench. Read more
- How many TV PLAY devices can my hearing aids pair with?
Currently, your hearing aids can pair with 1 TV PLAY device at a time. Read more
- What is the difference between TV PLAY and TV-DEX?
TV PLAY is compatible with EVOKE 2.4GHz hearing aids with direct streaming capabilities.
TV-DEX is compatible with DREAM, UNIQUE, BEYOND and EVOKE series, except for the form factor CIC-micro, which does not provide wireless capability. Read more