They help your branding
A press release helps you control how your audience perceives you. So make sure to stay on-brand and write a press release that’s worthy of your brand. If you haven’t yet thought about how to brand your business
– maybe that’s where you should start?
You can create more content from your press release
Writing a press release isn’t necessarily easy or something you can get done fast (or for free!). But the great thing is that when you do have some relevant news to share, you can rework the press release to create any kind of content you want! SoMe? Infographics? Blog posts? Brochures? The world’s your oyster!
So right about now it sounds like a really good idea to issue a press release, right?
It probably is! Just remember that press releases should be reserved for times when you have something newsworthy, relevant and interesting to share. And always remember to make it about your audience, not about you.
This means you shouldn’t issue a press release when:
- You’ve updated your software
- You’re changing lunch services
- You’re selling a hearing aid in a new colour
- You’re exceptionally closed next week
- You had an awesome company picnic.
But you should issue a press release when:
- You’re making a sizable donation to or partnering with a charity
- You’re partnering or merging with another company
- You’ve developed an amazing new product
- You’re now selling a groundbreaking new product or service
- You’re having an extraordinary customer event.
Basically, anything that will provide some sort of (newsworthy) value to the audience you’re talking to is a good reason to write that press release!